BARISTA NATION – SACRAMENTO EVENT CALENDAR
Details for Barista Nation Sacramento, taking place Thursday, September 24th!
The doors to Beatnik Studios will open at 8:00 am for check-in & registration; pastries provided by Old Soul, and of course, world class coffee. Throughout the day, coffee will be provided by a variety of roasters on both a slow pour coffee bar and on two UNIC Stella Di Caffe espresso machines.
- 9:00 am: Hydrogeologist, Steve Baker, and owner of Global Customized Water, David Beeman, will give a joint lecture on the changes with water and an overview of modern filtering technology. This lecture will not only talk about optimized water for your café, but dig deeper in offering a detailed view of water sources and solutions for the contemporary water problems here in California!
- 10:30 am: Live panel discussion on the modern coffee supply chain, and exposing controversy with Direct Trade and Single Lot Coffees, moderated by Andy Newbom of IP Coffees. Guests include; Mark Inman of OLAM, Eton Tsuno of Temple Coffee, Shawn Hamilton of Java City, and Nathalia Azzi the Brazilian Producer.
Following the live panel discussion will be the keynote address delivered by the Executive Director of SCAA, Ric Rhinehart.
- 12:00 – 2:00 pm: Lunch will be provided by Brunch Boys and Chandos Tacos Food Trucks
- 2:00 pm: Barista Nation is proud to present the first ever “Spro-down”. Using the Stella Di Caffe and a grinder of the barista’s choice, five shots will be served and immediately judged by a panel of coffee professionals. The goal is to find a barista with phenomenal skills pulling great shots with amazing coffee.
- 3:30 pm: Last panel of the day will be hosted by Sarah Allen of Barista Magazine. Sarah will host a live interview with owners of some of the top coffee companies in Sacramento. Seeking to understand how Sacramento roasters have come together in such powerful ways; such as SPLAT and Sacramento Coffee Week.
Separate from the main stage, there will be a Professional Consulting table, where ambitious attendees, can get complimentary advice from professionals in the industry. Consulting professionals include; Cole Cucina, Social Media and Training manager for Temple Coffee, Sarah Allen of Barista Magazine, and other experts who are willing to help you get started on your own ventures.
We look forward to seeing you at Barista Nation Sacramento next week.
Tickets are on sale now and are selling fast. A select number of seats are reserved at a discount, so act now and REGISTER today!